I’ve had the privilege of getting to shoot so many adventure elopements, and I know that shopping for the perfect outfit can be intimidating! I’ve created a list of my top tips when searching for your perfect dress, complete with links to some of my favorite shops. I have some tips for the guys too!
1. Pay attention to the fabric, and get something that won’t wrinkle and crease throughout the day!
2. If you’re looking for something to fly in the wind up on a mountain, look for a dress that has a long and lightweight fabric for the skirt. Orrr one that has amazing sleeves to play with!
3. Find something that you feel beautiful and confident in, and not something you’re going to be preoccupied about how your stomach, arms, legs, etc look YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and should feel beautiful, especially on your day, and not distracted with your outfit. YOU ARE GORGEOUS. Period. But if you don’t love your arms, get one with fun sleeves! If you don’t love your stomach, there’s so many cute ones that aren’t super form fitting!
4. Get one you can comfortably and easily move in. Trust me on this one!! Same goes for shoes. It’s going to be a distraction and could take away from your day if it’s hard to sit comfortably, or your feet are ripped up by the end of the day. You want to be able to be present with the person you love the most, and soak in all the beauty of the day, (pain free!)
5. Give yourself the permission to be different! Wear a fun hat, wear a different color other than white, get a printed dress, do a pantsuit or two piece top and skirt!
1. You guys are a little easier! choose something comfortable that you can move in, especially your shoes. There’s a lot of options, and dress shoes can be uncomfortable. Take some time to find a good fit!
2. If you want to express yourself in your outfit, totally go for it! You can wear different colored pants and jacket, no jacket, patterned shirt, hat, tie/bow tie, no tie/bow tie, denim jacket, maroon pants, etc. Find what feels most like you, and of course compliments your bride!
Favorite non-bridal shop shops for wedding gear! Some of these can be super affordable too!
–ASOS (men’s too!)
–Grace Loves Lace (a little more pricey-mid range, but gorgeous. This is where my wedding dress is from!)
–BHLDN (their sales are crazy good too!!)