Maddie & Rob’s playful beach couples photos are for sure some of my all-time favorites! We had the most fun on a North Shore Oahu beach – keep scrolling to hear about these two, & to get some fun engagement photo ideas.
Beach Engagement Photo Inspiration
Let’s start with all the beach engagement photo inspiration these two are giving off! Maddie & Rob’s session wasn’t for engagement photos, but I wanted to showcase just how absolutely fun your engagement session can truly be.
These two met in the most sweet, romantic-comedy-plotline way: on a study abroad trip in Europe. It was simply just meant to be!
Their session on a North Shore Oahu beach was a blast because it was comfortable for them & well, just super cute, too. Maddie & Rob really did make this session their own and we made sure we brought out their fun-loving personalities in the photos!
I absolutely love that they started out in neutral-toned, comfy beach clothes, sitting under an umbrella. It makes their photos feel like they were captured simply on a daytime date between the two of them! Then, they changed into cute bathing suits and took a dip (more like a swim!) in the ocean.
Keep reading to hear more fun ideas like this one for your own engagement photos!
About Oahu’s North Shore
The North Shore is popular to stay at during your time on Oahu.
The waters were beautifully blue & clear for our session there, and the sand was Oahu’s most beautiful light, soft sand. It’s definitely one of the best spots you can stay at for a relaxing island vacation!
Fun Engagement Photo Ideas (& Couples Photos!)
Can I just say how impressed I am with Maddie & Rob’s ability to maintain that straight face while getting completely covered by the waves, per my request? (see below!)
The succession of photos is so cute, and I love that you can see that their happy place is right here in the water.
Your engagement photos are meant to encapsulate who you & your partner truly are; your personalities, what you love the most in life, and what makes you happy. So when it comes time to plan your session, don’t be afraid to think outside of the box with me!
Here are some super fun ideas for your Hawaii engagement photos that you might not think of right away:
- Go swimming like Maddie & Rob did – I even have underwater gear that allows me to take underwater photos of you!
- Have a picnic on the beach with your favorite finger foods, snacks, & drinks
- Go on your favorite hike together – somewhere that has a beautiful view at the top that’ll bring you peace & joy in your photos
- Find a beautiful cave to have a candle-lit picnic/meal under
- Take Jeeps out into the mountains for an adventure (as long as you’ve got a seat for me!)
- Hike to a waterfall & take a swim at the end (check out my recent article with 5 tips for your waterfall elopement!)
Thanks to these two for making this such a wonderful, fun evening!